WASHINGTON - The game was over early on here Tuesday night as Gallaudet University waltzed to a 96-29 non-conference women's basketball win over Trinity Washington University.
Gallaudet (4-3) outmatched the Trinity Tigers (0-7) as two players scored 25 points and two others finished in double figures as the Bison shot 57.3 percent from the field.
Senior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) and senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) led the way for the buff and blue with 25 points each. Neild completed the double-double with 10 rebounds and added six assists, five steals and two blocks. Shysh tallied five rebounds and five steals.
Gallaudet finished with 27 steals as it scored 47 points off 39 Trinity turnovers.
The Bison held the Tigers to no points in the third quarter. Trinity went over 15 minutes between points from the second quarter until the fourth.
Trinity, who was without its top scorer, was led by Alyssa King's 27-point game.
- GU led 63-15 at the half
- Gallaudet scored a season-high 70 points in the paint
- The Bison bench tallied 21 points
- Gallaudet scored 28 points on the fast break
- GU scored 21 second-chance points
- The 96 points scored is a season high mark for GU
- Shysh surpassed 900 career points this evening, stands at 901
- Neild surpassed 800 career points as a Bison this evening, stands at 815
Gallaudet will travel to Lancaster Bible College on tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec. 5) for a showdown with Lancaster Bible College (2-5, 0-2 NEAC) at 5:30 p.m.