AURORA, N.Y. – The Gallaudet University women's soccer team was shutout here Saturday against Wells College, 5-0, in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
The Bison (2-9, 1-4 NEAC) stayed strong against the Express (2-9, 1-3 NEAC) for most of the first half as senior goalie Jennifer Livengood (Jacksonville, Fla.) made two saves before Wells sophomore Yanna Ososkalo scored the first of two goals. Ososkalo scored an unassisted goal in the 23rd minute and added her sixth goal of the season five minutes later. Wells took a 2-0 lead into halftime. Senior Katie Benz (Ottawa, Ontario) took two shots in the first half to lead the Bison.
The Express came out in the second half focused on offense as they took 35 shots and scored three goals to put the game out of reach.
Livengood finished the game with 12 saves as Wells placed 19 of its 52 shots on goal. Sophomore Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was the only Bison to take a shot in the second half.
- This is the fifth game that Livengood has made 10 or more saves this season
- GU recorded three shots and took no corner kicks
- Gallaudet has lost four straight games
- The Bison are 1-5 all-time against Wells
- In the three games played at Wells the Bison have been outscored 17-0
Gallaudet remains in New York and will travel to Keuka College (4-5-1, 3-2 NEAC) tomorrow (Sunday, Oct. 4) for a 3 p.m. game.