LANCASTER, Pa. - The Gallaudet University women's soccer team was shut out for the fifth time this season as it lost, 7-0, to Lancaster Bible College on a chilly Wednesday evening at Donald H. Funk Field.
The loss ends GU's bid for a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) playoff bid as the Bison (6-9-1) are now 4-6-1 in NEAC play. Gallaudet will finish in seventh place in the NEAC, the top six teams advance to the postseason.
Lancaster Bible (7-6-2, 6-3-2 NEAC), in fifth place in the NEAC, scored twice in the first half and five times in the second half. Maddie Dionne scored the game's first three goals and teammate Maggie Arnold netted two second-half goals to lead the Chargers' offense.
Junior goalie Silvya Levesque (Ballston Spa, N.Y.) made eight saves in the loss. LBC goalie Erin Mikula made the lone save for the Chargers.
- LBC held a 25-5 edge in shots
- Freshman midfielder Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) led the Bison with two shots
- Senior forward Brittany Mallach (Milton, Ontario) had GU's only shot on goal
- The Chargers led 6-2 in corner kicks
- LBC played 23 players including three goalies
- GU went 1-6-1 on the road this season
Gallaudet will conclude the 2018 season on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 5 p.m. against Trinity Washington University during homecoming weekend. The Bison will recognize their seniors prior to the start of the game.