WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program lost, 102-65, to Marymount (Va.) University here Friday night at the Field House pool in a non-conference meet.
The Bison (0-4) won three of the 11 events as junior Jessica Monroe (Senoia, Ga.) led the way with two first-place performances. Monroe won the 1,000-yard freestyle event with a time of 13 minutes, 46.96 seconds. Monroe then earned first-place points in the 100-yard backstroke with a posted time of 1:26.16. Monroe picked up second-place points in the 100-yard butterfly (1:16.28).
Gallaudet swept the podium in the 500-yard freestyle senior Jana Kiefer (Leander, Texas) finished first in 6:46.37 followed by freshman Casey Peck (Mentor, Ohio) in second place (8:31.14) and sophomore Alyssa Castillo (Fresno, Calif.) in third place (10:47.09).
- Freshman Anna Gano (Lewiston, Idaho) earned second-place points in the 100-yard backstroke (1:56.64)
- GU's two relay teams finished second
- Peck was third in the 200-yard freestyle (3:08.19)
- Kiefer was third in the 200-yard IM (2:55.09) and 100-yard breaststroke (1:37.50)
- Freshman Kari McMinn (Belleville, Ontario) was fourth in the 50-yard freestyle (34.45) and 100-yard freestyle (1:24.03)
Gallaudet is now off until December when the Bison will host Goucher College on Saturday, Dec. 1, at 1 p.m. in a non-conference meet. This will be GU's final home meet for the fall semester.