WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program defeated Sweet Briar College here Saturday afternoon with a 74-70 win in the Field House pool.
Gallaudet (2-6) won five of the 10 events that took place against Sweet Briar (2-11).
Junior Julia Miller-Notestone (Medford, Ore.) led the way with three first-place victories. Miller-Notestone began the day with a win in the 200-yard freestyle event with a time of two minutes, 16.34 seconds. She followed that with wins in the 100-yard backstroke (1:09.27) and 500-yard freestyle (6:07.41).
- Kiefer earned a second-place finish in the 200-yard IM (2:57.39)
- Monroe finished second in the 1,650-yard freestyle with a new personal best time of 23:11.19
- Freshman Breanna Power (Milton, Ontario) was second in the 50-yard freestyle (41.64) and third in the 100-yard freestyle (1:38.02), new personal best
- Monroe took third in the 500-yard freestyle (6:53.48)
- Sophomore Alyssa Castillo (Fresno, Calif.) took third in the 200-yard freestyle (3:48.36)
- Castillo set a new personal best in the 100-yard freestyle (1:40.97) with a fourth-place finish
GALLAUDET PERSONAL RECORDS
|Event||Name||Old Time||New Time|
|100 breaststroke||Jana Kiefer||1:36.97||1:33.57|
|100 freestyle||Breanna Power||1:42.36||1:38.02|
|100 freestyle||Alyssa Castillo||1:41.07||1:40.97|
|1,650 freestyle||Jessica Monroe||23:35.31||23:11.19|
Gallaudet will close out the regular-season schedule next Saturday, Feb. 2, at home as the Bison host Elizabethtown College (3-7) on Senior Day at 1 p.m.