GALLOWAY, N.J. - The Gallaudet University women's track and field team finished 23rd out of 27 teams here Saturday at the two-day Osprey Open hosted by Stockton University.
The host Osprey won the meet with 234 points followed by Caldwell (55.5), Franklin & Marshall (50), RC-Gloucester CC (48) and Seton Hall (47) round out the top five. The Bison set many season best times as they tallied five team points.
Junior Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) finished 16th in the 100-meter dash with a season-best time of 13.49 seconds. Sophomore Tawnecia Rush (Lawrenceville, Ga.) was a few seconds back in 29th place (15.04).
Sophomore Anyia Brown (Wilmington, Del.) set a personal best in the 200-meter dash with a time of 29.77 in 33rd place.
In the field events, Shysh was tied for fifth in the high jump as she cleared 1.45 meters (four feet, nine inches) to earn two team points.
The Bison finished 11th in the 4x400 meter relay as the team of Brown, sophomore Fatuma Ali (Tucson, Ariz.), Hocog and Shysh crossed the finish line in 4:59.80.
- GU posted its four fastest times in the 1,500-meter run on Saturday
- Hocog led the way in 22nd place (5:48.64)
- Junior Taylor Nguyen (Ballwin, Mo.) was 22nd in the 800-meter run (2:55.20)
- Brown placed 25th in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:12.39
- Freshman Nia Ralston (Danville, Ky.) placed 21st in the hammer as she threw 17.19 meters (56 feet, five inches)
- Freshman Sabrina Hernandez (Ashland, Va.) finished 21st in the javelin with a throw of 21.64 meters (71 feet)
- Freshman Carina Dominguez Can (Hillsboro, Ore.) was 31st in the discus with a top toss of 19.76 meters (64 feet, 10 inches)
- Dominguez Can finished 32nd in the shot put with a throw of 7.44 meters (24 feet, five inches)
Gallaudet returns home and will host its only meet of the spring season on Saturday, April 21, at 9:30 a.m.