COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. - The Gallaudet University women's track and field program began its indoor schedule here Saturday at the Frank Colden Invitational hosted by Ursinus College. The meet featured no team scores.
Freshman Hannah Wetzel (Fremont, Calif.) posted two strong numbers in the high jump and long jump events. On Wetzel's fourth of five jumps in the high jump she cleared 1.43 meters to place fifth. She followed that up with an 11th place finish out of 29 jumpers in the long jump. On her third and final jump, she landed 4.81 meters into the sand pit.
The Bison women's track and field program currently doesn't have any indoor records for the high jump and long jump.
Sophomore Carina Dominguez Can (Hillsboro, Ore.) was GU's top thrower on the day. Her toss of 6.36 meters, on the third and final try, put her in 45th place out of 47.
- Freshman Cassie Friday (Flinton, Pa.) finished 24th in the 60-meter hurdles (14.45)
- Freshman Sierra Pratt (Katy, Texas) placed 35th out of 37 in the 1-mile run (6:45.49)
- Junior Anyia Brown (Wilmington, Del.) took 38th (31.78) in the 200-meter dash
- Friday was 41st in the 400-meter dash (1:27.34)
- Freshman Quanchen Warmack (Washington, D.C.) was 47th in the 60-meter dash (10.14) and 200-meter dash (35.17)
Gallaudet will head to Maryland's Eastern Shore next week to compete in the Eastern Shore Invite/Combined Events Meet hosted by UMES in Princess Anne, Md., on Feb. 8-9.