PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - The Gallaudet University women's track and field team finished in fifth place here Saturday at the Eastern Shore Invite/Combined Events Meet hosted by University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) in the Hytche Center.
The host Hawks of UMES won the indoor two-day meet with 148 team points followed by Salisbury University (139), University of the District of Columbia (105), Delaware State University (101), Gallaudet (33) and Bryant & Stratton College (five). Salisbury and Gallaudet were the lone NCAA Division III programs present.
Freshman Sierra Pratt (Katy, Texas) won the 1-mile run as she finished in six minutes, 53.45 seconds.
Freshman Hannah Wetzel (Fremont, Calif.) placed third and fifth, respectively, in the high jump and long jump. She cleared 1.52 meters in the high jump on the second to last attempt. Her jump of 4.79 meters came on the fourth of six attempts in the long jump.
Sophomore Jarita Bustamante (Riverside, Calif.) was the top Bison in the 60-meter dash and 200-meter dash. She crossed the finish line in 9.04 seconds (14th place) and 31.32 seconds (16th), respectively.
- Freshman Cassie Friday (Flinton, Pa.) finished 8th in the 60-meter hurdles (13.51)
- Junior Anyia Brown (Wilmington, Del.) was 17th in the 200-meter dash (31.41)
- Freshman Demi Bingham (Jefferson, Md.) placed 15th in the 60-meter dash (9.67) and 18th in the 200-meter dash (31.76)
- Freshman Quanchen Warmack (Washington, D.C.) was 16th in the 60-meter dash (9.72)
- Sophomore Kathy Romero (New York, N.Y.) placed 17th in the 60-meter dash (10.74)
GU will conclude its indoor season next Saturday, Feb. 16, in Selinsgrove, Pa., at the SU Invitational hosted by Susquehanna University.