OWINGS MILLS, Md. – The Gallaudet University women's volleyball team team lost 18-25, 16-25, 24-26 on the road Wednesday night to regional power Stevenson University.
Gallaudet's best hitting set came in the third when the Bison recorded a .333 hitting percentage after making 20 of 48 kills with four errors. The Bison (14-8) pushed Stevenson (20-7) past the 25-point total but still lost 26-24.
Sophomore Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) led the Bison with 15 kills and 13 digs to record the double-double. Senior setter TraciAnn Hoglind (Fishers, Ind.) passed out 29 assists and made eight digs and two service aces.
Stevenson was led by 11 service aces and seven blocks (14 block assists) and 59 digs. Sara Bollinger passed out 28 assists, seven digs and three service aces.
- Freshman Raelyn Fuechtmann (Frederick, Md.) made a team-high 18 digs
- Senior Danielle Morris (St. Louis, Mich.) tallied nine digs
- This is Gallaudet's first match this season without a block
- The last time GU didn't record a block in a match was Oct. 2, 2014; a streak of 38 matches
- The 11 receiving errors by GU is the highest total this season
- GU has made 60 or more digs in seven matches this season
Gallaudet will travel to Penn College in Williamsport, Pa., for a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) crossover weekend. The Bison (5-1 NEAC) will start the weekend with a 6 p.m. match against Lancaster Bible College (11-10, 6-3 NEAC) on Friday evening.