TOWSON, Md. - The Gallaudet University women's volleyball team bounced back here Tuesday night with a 3-1 win over Goucher College in a non-conference match. The Bison had the strong support of many deaf students who were in attendance at the match.
Gallaudet (15-15) evened its overall record with the 25-19, 19-25, 25-10, 25-18 victory. Senior outside hitter Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) led the Bison with 17 kills and 16 digs. Sophomore Adele Daniels (Austin, Texas) passed out a match-high 38 assists to go with nine digs and two blocks (one solo).
Goucher (6-15) was led by Simone Brown's nine kills and Olivia Rhodes' 25 assists.
- Freshman outside hitter Karita Lewis (Frederick, Md.) added 11 kills
- Senior middle hitter Giuletta Maucere (Valley Village, Calif.) served up four aces
- Junior middle hitter Shua Clay (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) led the team with four blocks (one solo)
- Freshman Brynn Schmidt (Bozeman, Mont.) tallied seven kills and five digs
- Junior libero Raelyn Fuechtmann (South St. Paul, Minn.) served up one and made four digs
- GU had nine aces and six blocks in the match
Gallaudet returns home for a key North Eastern Athletic Conference match on Thursday, Oct. 26, with Lancaster Bible College (12-16) at 7 p.m. The Bison and Chargers are tied for second place in the NEAC South Division with 6-2 conference records and 4-1 marks in the division.